Let’s take a minute to appreciate how amazing you truly are.
If you are new to these Weekly Reminders you might like to know that your subconscious mind is accountable for 90% of your daily decisions. If all you do is read this email (but make no changes to your habits), you are already sending a positive message to your subconscious mind. Congratulations! The more similar messages it gets, the better decisions you will make.
10 Mesmerizing Facts about YOU
Your body is a miraculous engine. There are hundreds of automatic processes going on inside of you every single day without you knowing it. The better you feed yourself the better all these processes function year after year. Here are just a few thing to admire about yourself:
- Your cells are constantly regenerating: You have new nails and hair every 8 to 10 months, a new skeleton every 10 years and even a new heart every 20 years! You truly are amazing!
- Your body prepares for digestion even before you take the first mouthful. As soon as you smell food, you begin salivating and preparing the gastric juices necessary to process that food. Hurrah for being so well-equipped and ready to get to work any minute of the day.
- The glands in your mouth produce 1.5 litres of saliva every day just to keep the mouth moist and prevent bacteria from taking over. Great job at preventing infections every single day!
- You have an average of 50,000 thoughts passing through your brain each day. You are truly a prolific thinker by nature.
- The acids produced by your stomach are so strong that they can dissolve metals. The danger in this is that your stomach is actually capable of digesting itself! But don’t worry. It always has your best interest in mind which is why the cells in your stomach lining produce an alkaline substance every few milliseconds to neutralize the acid. Now that’s collaboration at it’s best!
- Your eyelids blink 28,800 times per day in order to keep your eyes clean and moist so that you can continue to process all that visual information that your brain is constantly sorting through. Wow! You really do work hard all the time!
- Your body produces the same heat as 25 light bulbs over the course of a single day. You are indeed a bundle of energy!
- The genes found in your gut microbiome outnumber your human genes 150 to 1.2. In fact, your microbiome has more biodiversity than the Amazon rainforest. That’s what makes you so unique!
- The microbes in your gut actually produce 90% of the serotonin needed to keep you in a good mood. This allows you to experience happiness, motivation and enjoy the wonders of life.
- Have a look at your two fists – they are the same size as each of your kidneys. Each kidney contains 1 million tiny filters that work together to process an average of 1.3 liters of blood every minute! At the same time that they are eliminating toxins and waste to keep your whole body in balance, they are producing an active form of vitamin D so that you have strong, healthy bones. You really do know how to take care of all your needs at once!
There are so many more things that your body is constantly doing to keep you alive and thriving. It’s your responsibility to nourish it with the best possible ingredients so that it can continue to do what it does best. Keep in mind that the 10 companies that produce 80% of the foods available in the average supermarket do not have your best interests in mind. Nature, on the other hand, has evolved to produce some of the most perfect foods.
Have a smarter day, a smarter week and a smarter life,
Ginny Santos, your holistic coach.
PS: If you like getting these weekly reminders and you know someone who could also benefit from them, please forward this email and invite them to sign up here.
A love note from your future-self:
No one, not even your doctor can appreciate your body for all it does for you. It’s time to take a minute to REALLY reflect on how amazing you are. Even when something goes off the rails, you have all the resources inside of you to cleanse, regenerate and bounce back. Please continue to feed yourself as best you can.
Love, from your future self
Health Disclaimer: The content contained in this email is for educational and inspirational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice because of something you may have read on this email.