|Prep: 20 minutes||Cook: 50 minutes||Ready in: 1 hour 10 minutes|
Who doesn’t enjoy a piece of classic pumpkin pie with a cup of tea on a crisp afternoon or after a celebratory meal with friends and family? We can sometimes feel a bit of guilt about it. We know the rich filling is filled with cream and sugar that may leave us feeling sluggish for days- so the angel and devil end up having a little scrap between dinner courses. Well, now they (and you) can happily all be on the same side. While keeping the same rich texture and flavour, this variation on a classic has a grain free crust and a dairy and refined sugar free filling. Depending mainly on the sweetness of roasted pumpkin with a hint of honey, this luscious and nutritious pie will be a favourite, and leave everyone asking for your secret, guilt free recipe.
|2 cups Almond flour|
|1/4 Tsp Sea Salt|
|2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil|
|1 Large Egg|
|1 1/2 cup Roasted Pumpkin Puree|
|3 Large Eggs|
|1/2 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk|
|1/2 cup Honey or Maple Syrup|
|1 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon|
|Dash of Cloves|
|? Tsp Sea Salt|
- Preheat oven to 350°C
- Mix the almond flour and sea salt in a large bowl
- Add the coconut oil and cream together until flaky dough is forming.
- Stir in egg and roll dough into a ball.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll out the crust, sprinkling with almond flour to keep rolling pin from sticking to dough.
- Once a circle has been rolled out, flip into the pie plate. Trim the edges and use extra dough to fill any cracks or spaces that may have opened.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, allow to cool.
- Combine pumpkin puree and eggs in a large bowl and combine well
- Mix in coconut milk, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
- Pour filling into ready pie crust
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until middle is set and crust is golden
- Allow to cool then refrigerate for 2 hours to set up
You can find more healthy recipes by Ariel Richards on her page.